How do you sort/play recordings in Ascending Date Order on Humax HDR-FOX T2 PVR?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Friar Tuck, Feb 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Friar Tuck

Friar Tuck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought a Humax HDR-FOX T2 PVR and after recording several programs in a series I want to play all in the folder in date order, earliest first. However, the only sort modes using the Opt+ button are 1. Alphabetical name, 2. Channel number, or 3. Time (latest one first).

I have looked everywhere in the menu and User's Manual but there is no indication how to sort in the most natural order: Earliest first. Am I missing something? My wonderful old Humax PVR-9200T would do this easily.

Hoping you can help me, my System Info is:
    Model Name : HDR-FOX T2
    Software Version : FHTCP 1.02.29
    Loader Version : a7.33
    Update Date : 05 JUL 2012
    MICOM Version 9.3

2. MartinOnline

MartinOnline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    As far as I know with the standard software you cannot do what you want. You can, after you enter the series folder, press the up-arrow button and that takes you to the bottom of the folder and will highlight the earliest recording.

Other than that you will need to load the customised software - see http://hummy.tv.

Martin

3. Friar Tuck

Friar Tuck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Still can't believe that Humax have removed this natural ordering from the software. There are several other inconvenient omissions/changes since the almost faultless PVR9200T and I expected the same or improved functionality with the latest hardware but was disappointed as usual.

Anyway, thanks for the reference to the Hummy.tv customised firmware which may solve my problems.