How do you set a laptop to turn on via the keyboard?

bradavon78

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'd like to keep my Toshiba laptop shut and access it via a keyboard/mouse/monitor.

But when I press any of the keys on the keyboard to turn the laptop on from hibernation it doesn't do anyting. I can only find one option in the Toshiba software but otherwise nothing, nothing in Windows Vista, nothing in the BIOS.

Any ideas??? Thanks

Generally waking from hibernation is done using the power button since the system is in a power off state. You'd only be able to do it using the keyboard if such a function was included in the system BIOS. I've seen this on many PC motherboards but not on many laptops.
:)

You'd only be able to do it using the keyboard if such a function was included in the system BIOS. I've seen this on many PC motherboards but not on many laptops.:)
Yeah I reckon you're right. My old motherboard could do it (in my old pc obviously) :( . That could even turn itself on at a certain time so it was always on when I got home from work.

It wouldn't be so bad if they put the power button in a decent place, what's wrong with on the side??? I guess the assumption is you're more likely to do it with a desktop PC.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom