how do you save crash bandicoot?

micks_address

Hi Folks,

Little guy is hammering away at crash bandicoot but getting fed up and having to go back to the start each time. How do you save the game? I'm pretty sure i've seen the password come up but i played it last night and got on a few levels but didnt see the password... where/when do the save points come up? can you save to memory card? i've created a ps1 memory card and assigned slots etc.. but havent come across a point in the game where i can save it

Anyone know how its done?

Thanks,
Mick

p.s actually quite and addictive title.. hadnt played it before and it actually looks better than i thought it would for a ps1 title on a hd tv :)

mikeyp

Hi Folks,

Little guy is hammering away at crash bandicoot but getting fed up and having to go back to the start each time. How do you save the game? I'm pretty sure i've seen the password come up but i played it last night and got on a few levels but didnt see the password... where/when do the save points come up? can you save to memory card? i've created a ps1 memory card and assigned slots etc.. but havent come across a point in the game where i can save it

Anyone know how its done?

Thanks,
Mick

p.s actually quite and addictive title.. hadnt played it before and it actually looks better than i thought it would for a ps1 title on a hd tv :)

The save system on Crash Bandicoot is really annoying. Bad description alert.....In some boxes (rare) there are sort of tablet things with a girl bandicoot's face on (I think) - when you get one it goes up to the top of the screen briefly. When you've got three you then go to a mini save level where you can save at the end. Be really careful on this as it's still possible to die here and then you've lost your chance.

Mike.

micks_address

i've come across the girl faces... so i basically need 3 of these and once i get them i'm taken to a new level where i can save?

also.. how do you unlock the steel boxes on the first couple of levels?

cheers,
mick

The save system on Crash Bandicoot is really annoying. Bad description alert.....In some boxes (rare) there are sort of tablet things with a girl bandicoot's face on (I think) - when you get one it goes up to the top of the screen briefly. When you've got three you then go to a mini save level where you can save at the end. Be really careful on this as it's still possible to die here and then you've lost your chance.

Mike.

mikeyp

i've come across the girl faces... so i basically need 3 of these and once i get them i'm taken to a new level where i can save?

Yep, that's it. It's a very short left to right level, but on some of them it's fairly easy to die.

also.. how do you unlock the steel boxes on the first couple of levels?

cheers,
mick

I found this on a walkthrough:

Metal Crate - Cannot be destroyed, can be used a stepping stone.

! Crate - Metal, and activate doors, floors, and fill in crates. If you see one
always activate it and see what happens.

micks_address

Thanks for that... annoying thing is - neighbours kid was over playing the other day and he got a password to pop up on screen... he must have gotten into one of the save levels?

Yep, that's it. It's a very short left to right level, but on some of them it's fairly easy to die.

I found this on a walkthrough:

Metal Crate - Cannot be destroyed, can be used a stepping stone.

! Crate - Metal, and activate doors, floors, and fill in crates. If you see one
always activate it and see what happens.

SteveG

I've got a way through this, just after you beat the end-of-level boss, but it crashes every time I try and save. I've tried 3 times now and it just hangs on the saving screen each time. All other save points up to here have been okay. Anyone else have this problem?

mikeyp

Thanks for that... annoying thing is - neighbours kid was over playing the other day and he got a password to pop up on screen... he must have gotten into one of the save levels?

Not too sure where the passwords come from (I haven't noticed them) - I've just been saving as I go.

colinb07958

i have download this game from ps store but it does not save my progress am i doing something wrong i have set vp a internal save

winstano

Set up an internal PSone memory card and save your progress through the save points in the game (I believe a bonus level gets you to a save point)

trip

Same is happening to me. I do think I set up the memory card already

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom