1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you record from digiboxes?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by loofer, Dec 28, 2004.

1. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, i've got a strange problem, i have an LG integrated digital television and bought a dvd recorder for it this christmas but no matter what i try i cannot record a digital channel from it. I was thinking of getting a cheap digibox to record form whilst using the integrated digital to watch but i don't want to get burned again.

I want to know if these digiboxes control thier own recording schedules, basically if i want to record from the dvd recorder (Panasonic E55) then i leave it switched to the appropriate AV channel and switch the digibox to it's appropriate channel right? But what if i want to programe it to record different shows on different channels? i can't ask the dvd recorder to switch channels as it can only stay on the one AV channel and i can't access the digibox control through the dvd recorder so how do you get the digibox to switch channels? do they come with thier own timer controls?

If i got a panasonic digibox would the dvd recorder be able to interface with it and change it's channels?

Any help would be welcomed.

2. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    What make is the LG tv?Have got the scart going into dvd recorder?

Most digibox have a timer you set your program or use the EPG.what panasonic digibox is it?

3. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    the tv is an LG DI-28FZ11, it has three scarts all of which i've tried and on both scart inputs in to the Panasonic and with all the av channels and ext lines selected but i'm getting nothing, just anologue stations. One curious thing i noticed was it had no RF out. My Sony IDTV you put the RF into the tv then out and into the video but the LG you go into the DVD recorder then into the tv, i was thinking that because it's the tv doing the digital tuning you would need an rf out to send that signal out to the recorder, or should the scarts be able to do that?

The panasonic digibox was the TUCT30

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...set+top+boxes&categoryId=16774&clickfrom=name

Are you saying that you don't actually set the DVD recorder then? you just set the digibox then it activates the recorder itself?

4. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    LG DI-28FZ11 has one RGB scart out.you have to output this in your DVD recorder.
    Dvd recording setting (connection) AV2 is set to RGB?

You still need to set both dvd recorder and the digibox/tv.

Does you TV have timer setting or EPG?

5. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'll give that a go for the tv, the tv has an epg but it's a basic now and next thing with no recording or reminder options.

Just to clarify on the digibox recording, i set the dvd recorder to come on and record from the AV input and i set the digibox to select the appropriate channel at the same time, so i'm setting a timer on both right?

6. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    Yes you need to set both to be set.

Checking the manuel (Page31) you could set timer for tv turn on/off.