How do you rate yourself as a World Warrior?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Van Dam, Aug 3, 2006.

?
  1. Professional- I'm world class, expert at every level

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Veteran- I can beat all my mates and then some!

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. Amateur- I'm average but competent

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Rookie- Need some more practice

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Beginner- No chance, I can't even block

13 vote(s)
    29.5%
  1. Van Dam

Van Dam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +806
    Alright everyone, with the AV Forums SF2 Touranament coming up and now that most of you guys have had a chance to play SF2, be it online or off, it would be interesting to find out how you rate your skills.

Are you an old school veteran, can you still remember all of the moves or do you have difficulty remembering what a spinning bird kick is from a spinning piledriver. I have classed myself as average, how good are you?

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Wonder what our resident 'hardcore turbo ninja kawasaki engined unbreakable 200th dan yoda force be with you' expert wil rate himself as?

SS4, only a few more days left before you share your rating with us :).

3. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    i used to be pretty tasty on the snes back in the day....but im constantly getting my ass handed to me by big ol' edmund honda on ZERO STARS!!!!!

i cant play this game at all and its winding me right up,the controllers gone across the front room a few times already.good job m$ made them tough little critters.

roll on Mortal Kombat :mad:

4. Markoos

Markoos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I'd rate myself as "effiminate mouse".

5. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    I choose the beginner option but I don't think I live up to them lofty heights...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Words can't describe how bad I am at SF2.:thumbsup:

6. BananaTiger

BananaTiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Put myself down as a rookie. I used to play it on the snes ages ago (average back then), but haven't played many of the latest incarnations and my reflexes aren't as good as I used to be :(

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,372
    I'd have to say Average but competent. Used to be quite a bit better but then I used to hammer the arcade and SNES versions for hours on end :D. Have forgotten some of the moves for some of the lesser played characters (mainly the 4 characters that were added after the original version Vega, Bison, Balrog and Sagat) but most of it has come flooding back. :)

8. SportiveUK

SportiveUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Snap! I'd feel guilty even choosing the beginner option :suicide:

9. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i put veteran as i know i can beat all my mates because none of them can play computer games very well...LOL

seriously though, i can already pull off moves almost every single time now, plus i have my timing good unless there is random lag in the game....i'm only 50% win ratio but thats due to me playing too much when i'm drunk...LOL....

that was the one game i never played drunk SF2....altho i was old enough to drink in the illegal sense, i usually played in the daytime so was sober...heh....now KI/KI2, those i played plastered and got used to....i hope they come out on live...heh

10. danvitale

danvitale

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    I was good on the old Snes and arcade versions, but on the 360 I am USELESS. Whoever gets me in the tourney might as well be drawing a bye!!

11. wattsy1977

wattsy1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I was picked to represent Essex in some national championships at the trocodero (it was teams of 5) I couldnt attend so had to forfeit my place (I was like only 15 years old then!!) , think the team finished 4th overall. I was pretty good - could complete the game comfortably without losing a round, and knew all the combos..those who are good will know the jump in with hardpunch, hard punch then force the animation skip to immediate fireball as an example.

However I cannot play this xbox live version well at all, somethings off with it..havent worked it out exactly yet..but when i go back to the anniversary edition on my ps2..im good again.

And......dont buy the Joytech pad..the d pad is about as good as a PSP is pad for finding diagonals!

12. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i never went in for the official championships at the troc....i just spent my time whacking the Japanese guys who hung out there......used to seriously pee them off....heh

then we'd pop down for the Aliens Experience....anyone remember that?...heh

me and my mates mugged the alien who comes in to the lift to kidnap the person you didnt realise had joined your little party of people....heh.....we got his glove and my mate punched him on the nose...haha......consequently they rushed us through the rest of it pretty quick to get us out.......told us never to come back again......oh well....lol....(still, we got away with a face hugger too.....god bless heavy metallers and their big leather jackets for hiding stuff in!!!

:rotfl:

edit: btw completing without losing a round is easy, did you manage perfect perfects is the question?...heh....at the height of my game i managed it with Zangief once! (plenty times with ken).......took about £3 of playing nonstop tho....lol

13. Robot of Doom

Robot of Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I remeber the alien experience! I went there when i was about 16 i nearly wet my pants!

oh yeah and i used to think i was good at street fighter until i played it on live :(

14. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Glad to hear it's not just me that is having trouble with SFII, even on zero stars. This is an incredibly difficult game and not the one I remember playing on the SNES. I was never a complete master at it but I could finish the game on most difficulties with relative ease and give fairly seasoned players a run for their money.

However, this 360 incarnation is so difficult that after around an hour's play and not getting anywhere I pretty much gave up and haven't touched it since.

15. PrivatePile76

PrivatePile76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    put the difficulty up to seven stars.......for some reason I'm doing better on seven than on three....

still can't finish it though...lol

our lass makes me turn it off before I break another pad....lol