How do you lot *cope* with centre speakers ?

MassiveJim

I used to have my centre speaker on top of my tv (when i had a CRT) I now want it under my TFT

i have a bit of AV equipment but not a massive amount.

My idea was to buy some kind of shelf that the tv can sit on and the centre speaker sit under however my thread got very little response so i am assuming that kind of thing does not exist.

I have

hyundai A321 tv
Kenwood amp
Kenwood 200 cd changer
shuttle (small pc)
ps2
video player
ps1
Missions M7c2 centre speaker

I like the unit i currently have it suits my needs very well.

Have taken a picture which i will upload asap.

What do you guys do with your centre speakers ?

Click picture for bigger image

GeoffWork

Novice Member
A lot of people use the Oppli stand from Ikea, which is similar to your existing stand and costs £56 (has it's own thread). I bought one and changed my centre speaker for an Eltax for only £9.95 from Richer Sounds, it fits perfectly and sounds very good. I have saved the existing centre for when I convert to 6.1 or 7.1 as a centre rear speaker.

avanzato

I bought a whole new wall unit to fit my centre under the TV and have the TV at the right height. Loads of units weren't quite right.

If you want a shelf to go on the existing unit why not make one from some MDF and four furniture legs. Shouldn't cost much to do.

avfr3ak

Novice Member
No3ntry said:
I used to have my centre speaker on top of my tv (when i had a CRT) I now want it under my TFT

i have a bit of AV equipment but not a massive amount.

My idea was to buy some kind of shelf that the tv can sit on and the centre speaker sit under however my thread got very little response so i am assuming that kind of thing does not exist.

I have

hyundai A321 tv
Kenwood amp
Kenwood 200 cd changer
shuttle (small pc)
ps2
video player
ps1
Missions M7c2 centre speaker

I like the unit i currently have it suits my needs very well.

Have taken a picture which i will upload asap.

What do you guys do with your centre speakers ?
Here is one solution.

Attachments

inzaman

That looks a fairly smart solution :cool:

MassiveJim

I ended up getting a sheet of mdf cut to the right size at b&q and for now it is stacked up on all my old videos until i find a unit that will do the job better.

Dankeech

Lovely adjustable middle shelf on Partington Minim AV rack.... the fact it's adjustable has been a complete godsend. The Monitor Audio RS LCR I upgraded to is bigger than the AE Evo one I had before. Quick adjustment of allen key on each corner and fits perfect again.

Pics to come later, but Centre speaker on A/V Rack shelf. Lovely.

Dan.

Fursty

Novice Member
Hi No3ntry

Have you moved on from having the shelf stood on videos yet? If so I'd be interested in seeing what you have done as I'm in a similar situation.

kroc_kroc

Mine sits on top of my AV unit :)

Knightshade

Novice Member
Aah... I see you had the unit built Kroc Kroc. Looks really smart. What wood is it?

kroc_kroc

Aah... I see you had the unit built Kroc Kroc. Looks really smart. What wood is it?
It's American White Oak. Keep an eye on the Cabinet thread. I'll be posting some better picks there when I get some time. It exceeded my expectations and my expectations were very high :)

inzaman

kroc_kroc said:
I'll be posting some better picks there when I get some time
Look forward to it, very smart set up you have there as well :cool:

ricflairandy

I was going insne trying to work out how to put my centre above my tv but not actually on the tv. So i have baught 2 chrom rods that i thn kare used for holding a bathroom glass shelf. Ill use these to sit it.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom