• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered How do you hook up an Oppo 203 to a Pioneer 81 amp and do the sound anolgue wise?

• Thread starter Deleted member 507786
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39241

The Pioneer SC-81 does not have multi channel analogue inputs, so you won't be able to connect the Oppo using that method. HDMI would be the best available connection.

Although if you are only concerned with a stereo analogue connection you could use a pair of RCA leads from the front right and front left audio out of the Oppo into a spare stereo analogue audio input of the Pioneer (eg CD in).

D

Deleted member 507786

The Pioneer SC-81 does not have multi channel analogue inputs, so you won't be able to connect the Oppo using that method. HDMI would be the best available connection.

Although if you are only concerned with a stereo analogue connection you could use a pair of RCA leads from the front right and front left audio out of the Oppo into a spare stereo analogue audio input of the Pioneer (eg CD in).
I am pretty sure it does, see here:

Connecting The Multichannel Analog Inputs - Pioneer SC-LX81 Operating Instructions Manual [Page 60]

D

Deleted member 507786

The problem is connecting the right cables for 5.1 on the Oppo and the Pioneer, I am not sure which cable goes where? Then from the instructions it is the input selector and multi channels in (I think), I just don't get all sound coming from all speakers.

D

Deleted member 39241

Ah, the SC-LX81. As you just said the Pioneer 81, I looked at the Pioneer SC-81 here:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/SC-81_OperatingInstructions041414.pdf

If your receiver is the SC-LX81, then the multi channel inputs are labelled front, center, surround, and surround back, then you have left and right for each of those, plus the subwoofer:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/50927120151104143436.jpg

The Oppo 203 multi channel oututs are labelled, front left, front right, centre, surround left, surround right, surround back left, surround back right and subwoofer. So, just connect the corresponding output to the corresponding input:

OPPO Digital - Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer

D

Deleted member 507786

Ah, the SC-LX81. As you just said the Pioneer 81, I looked at the Pioneer SC-81 here:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/SC-81_OperatingInstructions041414.pdf

If your receiver is the SC-LX81, then the multi channel inputs are labelled front, center, surround, and surround back, then you have left and right for each of those, plus the subwoofer:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/50927120151104143436.jpg

The Oppo 203 multi channel oututs are labelled, front left, front right, centre, surround left, surround right, surround back left, surround back right and subwoofer. So, just connect the corresponding output to the corresponding input:

OPPO Digital - Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Players - Buy Direct from the Manufacturer
I think I've got it now - many thanks.

D

Deleted member 39241

Should it say multi channel in on the amp?
Yes, you would need to select the analog multi channel in input on the Pioneer, I am not familiar with that AVR, if it isn't available as a standard input you may have to assign it in the main menu.

D

Deleted member 507786

Yes, you would need to select the analog multi channel in input on the Pioneer, I am not familiar with that AVR, if it isn't available as a standard input you may have to assign it in the main menu.
Yep, that's what I've done. Cheers. The sound is not bad compared to HDMI bitstream, there is quite a lot of power there, just not quite up to HDMI bitstream. I think I will leave the cables in and play about with it from time to time. Cheers again. Annoying trying to get those cables in the right inputs took me 4 or 5 attempts! Sound was coming out of each speaker though. Cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom