• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How do you hang you devore frames to the ceiling?

Faffer

Ok so it’s time to make some frames to cover and hang on the ceiling.

Now I have seen some people use Velcro and that works but I am just worried that it could fall down. (ok so I over think and always think the worse)

I don’t like the idea screwing through the devore as I am thinking with it pull around it over time ?

So I am left with this idea

My screens will be going will to wall 12ft and out 3 1/2ft (devore) or out more if I decide to go with the other stuff, made in 2 parts 6ftx3 1/2ft

On the wall side I can put a small ledge or a block for it to rest on, so no problem there.

In the middle where they meet up I was thinking about a screw through between them with a big penny washer or something else on the end just to create a ledge to have them on.

Or just as I am typing the next idea is there.

On the middle joining bits I add some metal sticking out. So at the ends for the 1st panel they stick out and screw them to the ceiling and the 2nd one then has its metal prong is in the middle so it can rest on the 1st one.

Ok so just how do you do yours ?

Richard

Amesy

Richard, I am about to do the same thing. How did you get on in the end. Do you have any pictures please?

Tim

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom