• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How do you go about doing a swap in the classifieds?

Thanks for the reply. I was more wondering about the practicalities of swapping over distance or is it recommended to meet in person? Has anyone done a swap over distance without meeting?

Thanks

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Hah, shows what I know :laugh:

Ignore the previous post, because I was talking ******** :suicide:

I've just looked and what you do is go onto the relevant forum, hit new thread and then you'll see "type of thread" and pick "for trade".

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the reply. I was more wondering about the practicalities of swapping over distance or is it recommended to meet in person? Has anyone done a swap over distance without meeting?

Thanks

Oh, I see.

I've never done a swap, but would assume you can only go on descriptions being honest, which is what you give feedback on.

paddy187

Prominent Member
I did - someone put up dead space 2 for swap. I offered NFS Hot Pursuit and it was accepted.

We just both sent the games on the same day in faith and two days later we both had received. Easy peasy and very happy with the trade. Check my feedback for the thread if you want.

Paddy

thesaint02

Prominent Member

Thanks

There's no difference to buying or selling.
Instead of payment, you are sending goods.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I would assume you would open up a dispute.
Which would be exactly the same as if it was a sale and someone sent you an open box.
It's very doubtful that would happen if you're dealing with someone who has good feedback though.
You've got to have some trust or distance swapping would be impossible unless it was face to face.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom