How do you get the GUI to show......

aScotsman

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm feeling rather stupid as I cannot get the GUI from my 4308 to display on my plasma screen. Do I need to change a setting for this to display.

All other connection through the AV receiver seems fine.

Help, PLEASE!

Allan

Not sure how the 4308 works but on older models you could only get the GUI on screen when conected by a composite or s-video cable.
I'm guessing you are only connected to the display by HDMI.
Does it state it any where in the manual?

I recently purchased one of these amps and in the process of learning how to use it I found that the GUI from the amp would no longer display (HMDI zone 1 to LCD TV). It worked flawlessly beforehand - I can only assume that whilst changing various settings I somehow managed to trunthe GUI off (is that even possible???).

In the end I did a full reset of the receiver and everything worked OK again - you may want to give this ago if you don't mind losing all your settings.

Hi, I think that if you are in pure direct mode it turns gui off. Change to direct or standard and all should appear again.

I'm feeling rather stupid as I cannot get the GUI from my 4308 to display on my plasma screen. Do I need to change a setting for this to display.

All other connection through the AV receiver seems fine.

Help, PLEASE!

Allan

The GUI is an analog source (at least it is on the 4306). You need to switch the video convertion to ON to display it over HDMI.

HDMI Output setup - analog to HDMI convert ON

On mine i/p scaler set to off, I don't use it at all. GUI still appears over HDMI. Only disapears if I set sound to Pure Direct (shuts off all video circuits).

Taken from manual:
"When in the PURE DIRECT mode, the GUI screen is not displayed
and the display on the main unit is turned off.
• If the HDMI input connector is selected, video outputs are output in
the PURE DIRECT mode.
• The channel level and surround parameters in the PURE DIRECT
mode are the same as in the DIRECT mode.
Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom