How do you get the correct ITV

davedrizen

I am thinking of of getting a freesat box. According to what I read you will get the correct ITV for your area on 103, But since unlike a sky box there is no card how dose the box know where you are? Do you programme it in your self?

arbitre24

When you start the box for the first time, one of the things the box asks you to do is input your postcode. That gives you your local ITV.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Be aware however that some ITV 1 sub regions are NOT available on freesat and are encrypted and only available on FreesatFromSky boxes - including Central South, Central East, Central South West, Meridian Sussex, Meridian North, Anglia West, Yorkshire East and Tyne Tees South. In these areas a freesat box will give an adjacent region.

Note also that ITV 1HD regions for Central West and Meridian South East are also encrypted and only Granada and London regions are available on freesat.

Last edited:

logiciel

Can't you get some of them "in non-Freesat mode"?

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Can't you get some of them "in non-Freesat mode"?

No all the ones I listed were the FTV encrypted ones only available on a Sky viewing card. (according to Lyngsat)

logiciel

Thanks - Mine is one that counts as FSFS but I didn't realise there were so many others.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom