how do you get a manual software update for idtv's?

Loofer 2

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a Sony KD-32DX50 and some of the digital channels are like watching a blocky mpeg i was wondering if this is normal and if not would a software update help picture quality?

I know i've missed the download dates but I've done a search and read some discussions of getting a card from the manufacturer, what is that? and how do i use it?

thanks.

Loofer,

I may be off the mark here, but I assume you're referring to Terrestrial Digital.

Are you aware that some multiplexes are weaker than others because more channels are squeezed into them?

If your signal strength is marginal, this could be the problem.

Could you post which channels are affected, please?

Yes i should have mentioned that it was terrestrial digital, it's mostly the BBC channels that are the worst although fast movement on most channels leads to blockyness. The signal strength indicator is up to about 90% on a portable arial but the picture quality is so poor (blocky) sometimes i assumed there was a problem. Would the software update change anything?

Loofer,

Ironically, it's the BBC channels that should be the most stable, so that blows my theory out of the water!

Another possibility is your portable aerial.

Signal quality is as important as signal strength.

If you had a set top box, I would suggest you try it on a neighbour's roof aerial, but that could be difficult with an IDTV!

If it's not the aerial then you may have an actual receiver fault.

Perhaps someone can advise.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom