How do you find locations?

Beany31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi I live in Kent and am always on the look out for new filming locations, what do you guys usually do when looking for filming / photograph opportunities. Starting to struggle and am looking for local points of interest

I live in Northumberland and know the area well but there are still some hidden gems to be found. I generally look on Google Earth, well Google Maps tbh. and look at the terain. I can measure the distances on there too just so I know how far I can travel with the drones. Just drive out in the countryside and stop at a place looks nice. You'll be suprised how an ordinary place can look so different once viewed from the air . Northumberland is full of castles and I intend to fly over a few this year. Just waiting for the weather to change.

hi I live in Kent and am always on the look out for new filming locations, what do you guys usually do when looking for filming / photograph opportunities. Starting to struggle and am looking for local points of interest
Hopefully heading your way on Sunday to film the U Boat in the Medway, have you done that yet?

Hopefully heading your way on Sunday to film the U Boat in the Medway, have you done that yet?
Not yet I’ve seen that near Rochester but haven’t had a chance to go. You have some good bits around there, rochester castle, the U boat, and down the road in Hoo there’s a fort I think on the coast. I’m particularly looking east Kent at the moment. West Kent and Sussex there’s plenty

I literally look every day, wherever I am driving I notice something to film. I live in Hemel Hempstead and we have the Ivinghoe Beacons, reservoirs, plenty of fields. Thought I think the new Geo enforcements are going to have a big impact.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom