• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How do you do a search by actor, director or genre on Playtv?

Andrew_tr1

Established Member
Hi,

Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere but I did a search and could not find the answer!

but...

How do you do a search by actor, director or genre on Playtv?

The new update says we are able to do this but I can not for the life of me see any options! Only the usual "Title" and "Title and description" presents themselves.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

DrToast

Standard Member
I'd really like to know this too, actually. I've downloaded and paid for the update, but unless I'm very very wrong this feature is simply not present and I've been ripped off.

DrToast

Standard Member
Okay, the answer is... YOU CAN'T. Despite the claims that you can search by genre, category, actor, director, etc., that functionality is simply not present. The search function is the same as it ever was, i.e. just within the basic programme description. The 'premium programme guide' is therefore basically worthless. Email from Sony -

Having contacted Play TV, they have confirmed that the search option relies upon details in the items description.

It is now possible to perform a full text search of any text that appears in the description of the programme. You cannot search for individual directors, categories etc separately, but you can perform a search for any one of these and if it appears in the description, it will show in your search results.

Due to the confusion caused by the updates description, I have been authorised to offer a refund in this instance. If you would like a refund for the update please reply to this e-mail quoting reference XXXXXXX.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom