How do you copy photos from iPhoto to a memory card?

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by The Dark Horse, Feb 27, 2013.

1. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +845
    Some help please. I have bought a SDXC card for my Mac Mini. I want to copy photos I have on iPhoto to the card so I can then put the card into a digital photo frame.

I have put the card into the Mac slot and the card appears on my desktop. Do I just drag and drop the photos from iPhoto over to the card icon or will that delete them from iPhoto? I don't want them deleted from iPhoto, just copied.

Also I have read some sites that say the card needs to be formatted but no option came up asking if I wanted it formatted, do I have to do this first?

2. dbeevers

dbeevers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Yep, Just drag and drop and it makes copies to the SD card.
    If the photo's are in albums, select the album and export to the SD card, in fact a better option might be to put all the pictures you want on the photo frame into an album then you can export that, this gives you the option to export as original or to compress them.
    Chances are its formatted already with FAT32 or something, highlight the SD card and get info and it'll tell you what its formatted with.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. Markee

Markee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    You can also select a photo (or album?) and choose Export from the File menu.