• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How do you all stream your content (with HD audio) to your TV

scratch009

Standard Member
Hi,

I got a 75" qled 950TS hung on the wall, it looks great, the one downside I find is it doesn't support decoding of DTS, Atmos,... I have it connected to lyngdorf stereo amp. So I wonder how people stream their digital content to the tv. I have plex running on a synology, I know it can transcode audio, but I also like to use subtitles. With audio transcoding and subtitles enabled, plex wants to transcode the video also which with UHD content is not a good idea, or at least my equipment is not powerful enough. Just curious on people's experience. Was looking for a streamer that can decode audio but I think most just support passthrough..

cheers,
phil

scratch009

Standard Member
after reading some more on specs of streamers I did found that they can downsample audio to stereo (e.g zappiti which I used before) :)

xar

Apple TV (via Infuse app) and Shield TV allow down downsampling. I use both

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom