How do you adjust this door hinge

gavpre

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can help. I had a composite door installed last year and the bottom lock needs adjusting closer to frame. The composite door is made by a company called door-stop. Not sure what part to adjust as it has 3 options and don't really want to mess too much with it and get it wrong.

Attachments

• 20171228_143259.jpg
    20171228_143259.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 143
Can't you just ring them and get them to do it. Most companies will just do it as part of the fitting service
We had a new porch two years ago and they've come and adjusted the front (composite) door twice.
Was ok after the first time then it started jamming in hot weather last summer.

Last edited:
I've had a closer look around the inside of the door and none of the door seals line up properly around the frame.

The company has returned before as we were having trouble getting the door lock mechanism to latch and we had to give an extra push or pull door for it to work.

I will give them a call because I think all the hinges need moving and thats not something I wish to do. I thought it was just the bottom hinge to move over a fraction.

Thanks for that link.

They should be coming tomorrow to sort it out andd hopefully properly this time. Otherwise may have to give it a go myself.

Thanks for that link.

They should be coming tomorrow to sort it out andd hopefully properly this time. Otherwise may have to give it a go myself.

If you do and I've done the same with my door, with different fittings, is to make micro adjustments and check. Keep doing so and measure or take photo's and in no time at all you will understand what screw and allen bolt does what and what.

They are not as complicated as they first appear.

Thanks for the advice. The link supplied up the thread helps explain what each bit does and it does seem simply.

Hopefully they get it sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom