1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do returns under warranty work?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by loofer, Jun 28, 2004.

1. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got a Sony widescreen from Currys at christmas and it developed a problem with getting sound but no picture, Mastercare came out and soldered the connections with the frame controller. Problem came back so they came out and replaced it, then it made a whineing sound so they came out and replaced the power supply but now it's crackling and the picture's flickering. I'm browned off thinking my 6 month old set will end up as a patchwork of repair jobs so i want it replaced under warranty but are there any conditions to doing so? does it need to be repaired a certain number of times before it's elligible?

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Loofer,

Sorry to hear of all your problems.

Let me stress that I'm no legal eagle but, since no one else has replied, here goes:

The good news is that the law is on your side. :clap:

Go into the Currys where you bought the set and ask to speak to the Manager.

(Don't be fobbed off with the Sales Assistant because only the Manager can deal with this sort of thing. :lesson: )

Don't try to do it on the phone, because it's much easier to get rid of you!

Explain the situation calmly but firmly and say something along the lines of "the goods are not of a quality for their intended use" and you want to give Currys the chance to rectify the situation.

If you are happy to take a replacement, rather than a refund, then you'll probably stand a better chance of success (refunds don't look good on the branch accounts!).

Above all, stay calm and try to convince the Manager that you are a very reasonable person.

(Shouting may make you feel better, but I've always found it's non-productive! :lesson: )

Good luck. :thumbsup: