1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Lynda, May 29, 2005.

1. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    More questions!

How do I import video effects from other programmes in to Video Studio 9 +

I have purchased adorage as it said it was compatable with VS 9 but I can't figure it out.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    What version of Adorage Magic have you got? With a quick Google search I found This that shows Adorage Magic v2.5 and states:

Plug-in support for comfortable use directly in your editing solutions such as
    Ulead Videostudio until V8

so as you are useing Video Studio 9 it looks like Adorage Magic v2.5 is not compatable.

Mark.

3. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark,

I bought version 2 and version 8 as it has all the plug ins and says it is compatable????

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect though Mark that that is just because the information on that website has not been updated yet - on the Adorage Website it says from version 4 onwards for Ulead VideoStudio so it is quite possible it will work with version 9 (don't know for sure though I've never tried it) .

Lynda - if you go to the Adorage website here :-
    http://www.adorage.de/gb/index.html
    down the left hand side choose "Workshops" then at the bottom of the new page which opens you will find a link to a tutorial workshop on how to integrate with VideoStudio.

5. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can figure out how to use the adorage programme, what I can't do is put it in to video studio. The programme is not there in Video Studio to use.

Any ideas???

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I have many plug-ins for Premiere. They are not programs in their own right, but the tools, effects etc that they give are just found within Premieres menus once integrated. Everything works from within the Premiere interface.
    I would assume this is the way adorage would work as well - but having never used it (although compatable with Premiere!) can not be certain.

Mark.

7. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That "Workshop" I directed you to Lynda suggests that you should find a new library panel in Ulead VideoStudio under "Effects" entitled "Adorage-F/X" and that in there you should find a Thumbnail to access the new effects.

8. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did find that Beejaycee, but nothing happens it does not open any other menu's it is just a transition . when you click on to it it adds the one transition, it is not editable just like a standard barn door transition thing???? I have looked all through menu's transitions, video effects etc, nothing.

I do hope I did not waste my hard earned money on this lol

9. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok,

I am getting somewhere now with your help!

I have now partly got this figured out. I have found the listings and can use the effects but only as transitions, I can't seem to use them as an overlay to the pics???

I have a Pinnacle programme which I hate, the thing works fine in there, I can use the animations as anything, either overlay or transition. Any ideas on this?