How do I use MCE to record stuff already saved on Sky harddrive?

ensyed

Novice Member
I have successfully used MCE (sony Vaio Xl) to record stuff from Sky HD box. But how about shows/movies previously recorded on the Sky HD box? Do I have to manually play it and then press record and then stop or is there a more automated way.

BTW I love the fact the MCE lets me record stuff from the TV guide and then burn it if I want. I burn my kids shows to play for them in the car. Similarly I am able to sync my Archos automatically and transfer recorded shows. It is quite seamless.

The only issue is that in the UK you cant record using component so the video quality is not as good as in the USA.

NaTT

philipb

The only issue is that in the UK you cant record using component so the video quality is not as good as in the USA.
Yes you can if you have a Sweetspot capture card. But TBH its not hugely better than RGB SCART IMHO. If you're currently using s-video into a TV card then either will be a big improvement. The Sweetspot card will take either component or RGBs input.

www.pluggedin.tv is the place to go.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom