how do I unlock a blackberry curve - for free??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyb1

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought a Blackberry Curve 8300 off ebay - locked to vodafone.

I know there are lots of sites that charge to unlock a phone- especially a blackberry

Was wondering if there's a 'free' way to get the codes?

Just getting an 8310 myself locked to O2.

Found it for £19.99 to get the codes but hadn't considered trying to get it for free.

Crackberry.com as above would be the best bet. Once I have my phone I'll be looking to do that myself.

Also, as per Nokia phones, does anyone know if do Blackberrys need 'debranding' at all?

Hi

Vodafone unlock handsets free of charge now.

Take a look on their forum, and use the instructions to get in contact with their eforum team.

I have had several blackberrys unlocked by them, but I am a customer, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Crackberry is a very good site.

In terms of debranding, I don't think you can actually remove the operator splash screen at start up. You can however load the latest version of the Operating System from any carrier, but you will need to follow the instructions over at crackberry.

Just bought a Blackberry Curve 8300 off ebay - locked to vodafone.

I know there are lots of sites that charge to unlock a phone- especially a blackberry

Was wondering if there's a 'free' way to get the codes?

Hello tommyb1.

ferret1979 is right that Vodafone unlock some handsets free of charge but there are a few rules surrounding this.
You do need to be either a Vodafone contract customer or a Vodafone PAYT customer to use our unlocking service.

Contract customers can have their handsets unlocked free of charge at any time. PAYT customers need to pay a £19.99 one off fee if the handset is less than 12 months old. PAYT customers can have their handsets unlocked for free upon proof the handset is over 12 months old.

To make things much simpler, we have a thread already prepared on the Vodafone eForum that explains everything you need to know. Just click here to visit the thread.

Hopefully that will answer your query and give you some options to consider.

Thanks! :)

PhobosDeimos
VodafoneUK

whats the advantage of unlocking, does that mean you can use it on another network ?

Thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom