1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I turn off mod chip for xbox live?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Triggaaar, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I know each mod is different (I think some have manual switches, others swith chip off when you open dvd etc).

Mine is a xenium chip (through premodded.com). There isn't a manual switch.

It has an LED, which I thought indicated whether the mod was on or not, but when playing a game from the HD (therefore mod on I assume) the LED can be either Red or Green, depending on whether I booted into avalaunch or evox.

The 'original bios' option from the start up menu fails to load, with the message 'Your xbox requires service. Please call customer support'.
    EDIT - this bit has been sorted, thanks to an increadibly quick reply frpm premodded. The HD wasn't locked, and it has to be in order to go into the original bios.

I can go into the Microsoft Dashboard (and therefore live) via evox, but I don't know whether the chip is still enabled (not sure if this gives an indication, but the system reboots if I press both triggers, black, and the back button).

Any ideas

Thanks!

2. smokingreen

smokingreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Hia, the only way you can go into evox/avalaunch is if the chip is on and you have booted from a hacked bios. If you then load a game from evox/avalaunch and go on live you will be banned. Also as you suggested, if the reboot works (two triggers back button and start) then a hacked bios is loaded and you cannot use live.

You must find a way to either turn the mod off so that the xbox boots from the bios on the motherboard or boot from a retail bios that is stored on the chip/mod. Without a disc in the dvd drive either of these methods will only load the MS dash.

I dont know what bios you have at the moment, but I strongly recomend X2983 as this bios is live safe - it will not let you connect to live when it is loaded.

3. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    hole the on button for 3 secends i think it is

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    Thanks guys. My 'original bios' option is the way forward for me. I can only load it with the hard drive locked, and once there, the controller reboot doesn't work.

I didn't realise, but I guess this means I can't play NTSC disks on live. The only NTSC disk I have is KOTOR 2 (not a live game anyway), but with video set to NTSC, I can't load it from the original bios. I would have bought US versions of Halo 2 etc, but I get the impression I wouldn't be able to go live with them.