1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i turn off dynamic on the panny?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by danielthesaint, Oct 8, 2004.

1. danielthesaint

danielthesaint
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

I heard that you have to turn off dynamic AS soon as you power it up where do i find that on screen?

Cheers :)

2. Tony8377

Tony8377

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Dynamic is the once of the Picture Modes (I think it is actually set to normal as standard so shouldn't have to worry just don't switch to Dynamic - also said to age the plasma 4 times quicker). Don't forget to turn brightness & contrast down to around -10 each for the first 200 hours after you've had a quick look at how it should look.

3. bongpig

bongpig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    4 times quicker!?

I simply cant believe that. I would bet my life theres not a shread of evidence to support this.

.... I dont use dynamic anyway. Looks horrible. But still .... silly rumours. :rolleyes:

4. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    For the Viera do the following:

- Press the 'Menu' button on the remote to bring up the main menu options,
    - Press the up or down arrow button (in the circle around the okay button) until 'Picture menu' is highlighted in yellow,
    - Press the right arrow button to enter the 'Picture Menu',
    - Highlight the first option called 'Viewing mode' and you have a selection of four choices... Dynamic, Normal, Cinema and Auto.

Pick the one you feel gives you the best picture, my fave is Cinema.

Dynamic viewing mode has been much debated in this section of the forum, whether or not the phospors are burnt at an accelerated rate what is true is that the different viewing modes have different underlying parameters, e.g. Gamma, that you cannot easily change manually, so for the same contrast/brightness/colour settings the different viewing modes can produce radically different pictures.

S.

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Panasonic warned me about this one as it was causing problems on display models in shops and we were warned not to use it for long periods of time as it would burn out the screen when you have one in a window display on 24/7 you soon use up a hell of a lot of those hours