How do I transfer music from my PC to my iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I've used iTunes to convert one album to m4a but there is no obvious (or obscure for that matter) way to transfer the album to my iPhone.
How the hell do I do it?
Some websites just say drag the music and drop on the iPhone icon in iTunes. That does nothing.
I thought Apple was supposed to be user friendly and intuitive. This is far from it.
Please help.

P.S. Why can't the iPhone just play MP3s like the £15 MP3 players in Tesco? Wouldn't that make life so much simpler?

Last edited:
It does play mp3s thats all i have on my iphone.
Try file/sync iphone that should transfer your songs to the phone but will depend on some other settings as i too have found :mad:

Tried syncing. It did very little, and if there are any settings, their location is well hidden.

Clcik your iphone, then go to the music tab and make sure "sync all music" is ticked, then sync again. And i can also confirm it plays MP3's 320K/bs aswell

There are no tabs on my iPhone and nothing labelled 'music'.

Have you added the converted songs to a Playlist?ANd is that playlit set to sync with the iPhone?

All I have is MP3 music on my iphone downloaded from sites outside of itunes ( saying nothing more )

when it comes to the syncing of music I have the box checked that says manually sync music,,this allows me to drag and drop from my itunes library to my iphone and never had any problems, I only do the manual way as I often download the whole album but only want to have a few of the tracks on my iphone.

The other settings I have for the syncing is to automatically sync my photographs, applications, contacts etc as I want to make sure any apps I have downloaded or stored on itunes and therefore if I have to restore all my data is still saved, my contacts are backed up by Google ( Gmail ) again should I need to restore everything is there and my photographs I have created a folder called Iphone photographs and set the path to that on my computer for the same reasons above.

If your still having problems itunes and iphone have a very helpful FAQ's section and step by step guide which can be found here Apple - Support - iTunes

Kind regards,

Brian.

Ah the tabs are in iTunes, not in the phone. Gotcha. And there is an advert pops up in iTunes when I connect the phone. I had to decline the advert before I saw the music tab and the sync options.
My HQ VBR MP3s working fine, now, thanks all for your help.

Apple tie you to itunes to ensure they can monitor everything and make even more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom