How do I switch between Projector and TV?

birdy59

Standard Member
This is my first post and I hope it is not a completely stupid question.

I currently have a vt460 projector and a standard 32" TV and I need to support signals from TV/SKY, DVD, XBOX 360 etc. My projector has inputs for RGB,S-Video and Video.

My question is really what is the best way (hardware) to enable a setup that will allow me to choose any of the potential inputs and then choose which output (TV or projector).

Thanks in advance

Michael

inzaman

Hi Michael welcome to the forums, i have moved this to projectors for you as you should get a better response from there :)

AMc

Distinguished Member
You're going to need some form of switch and probably a signal convertor.
I'm luck in that my PJ can take an RGBs input the same as SCART. So all my devices are fed into a B-Tech Quintro+ which outputs RGB over SCART for the TV and RGBs via a SCART>phono adapter to the PJ.

If your PJ takes a SCART input then that would give you the same solution but you probably need to convert to component for your PJ (most do).
In which case you could use a Quinto+ AND a SCART to component convertor (search for JS Technologies and Keene in this forum).

There are other options - AV amplifiers have switching built in but multiple outputs used to be rare. My kit isn't cutting edge so you may find newer amps offer more.

Top Bottom