1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I swap fans in my pc

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by newstuart, Jul 31, 2004.

1. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Another newbe question im afraid
    At present my media center pc is in my office and conected to plasma in living room,After months of problems with getting reliable control of pc from living room im thinking of moving the pc to the living room
    the main problem i have is the fans are SO noisy to the extent I could not comfortably watch tv with them going,Ive been told you can swap them for quitier models but will this really make the difference? I want the pc to run ideally as quiet as my amps etc ( a small bearly audible hmmm) is this possible if so what fans do you recomend ?

2. AMCross

AMCross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    Swapping pc fans is a simple affair of removing the fixings normally four screws .Unplugging the wiring two wires onto a plug.

Measure the fan size in cm normally 8cm or 12cm

and visit www.whispertec.com or www.quietpc.com

and take your choice the fans are rated in db and the prices vary on quality

3. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Thanks,Im assuming there the same sort of sizes in all PCs? I only ask because mine is a strange shape (sort of like a DVD player shape). Also Is there anything I should be carefull of when I take the thing apart (besides not loosing anything!). I bought it from PC world and despite spending £1000 on something that is unusable in my living room in its present state they still insist on there labour charge so want to do it myself.