how do i streamlive media to my xbox

macussa

Standard Member
hello everyone i was wondering if it was possible to streamliove media contento to my xbox360.

Here we go , i have a DREAMboc600 which i use for SAT dish, now i could watch it on my PC with a program called FISCSTREAM , know i was wonder if i could whacht it on my xbox360also ? and how?

macussa

Standard Member
Ok, let me ask the question in another way,, Is it possible to put VLC on xbox360 ? and run it ?

No you cant run any software on the 360 at all. Unlike the old xbox which was hacked and could be accessed completely. The 360 has not and hence while it will stream Xvids and similar from a local USB Harddrive or from a PC it is only possible because Microsoft have allowed the xbox to play video streams - Wmv format originally and later they added streaming from Media extenders like Windows media player 11.

So if you can encode your live stream into a format that Windows mediaplayer can play you might be able to view it on the xbox but I suspect it wouldnt be possible in real time so it wouldnt be live anymore.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom