• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question How do I stop my Samsung MU7000 from defaulting to playing subtitles

Melv852

Novice Member
Whenever I watch many of my films and TV shows from an external hard drive the TV automatically plays subtitles on each file. It means if I'm watching a series I have to turn them off manually for every episode.

Does anyone know if I can make it a default setting to not play subtitles in the main menu? I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks.

Whenever I watch many of my films and TV shows from an external hard drive the TV automatically plays subtitles on each file. It means if I'm watching a series I have to turn them off manually for every episode.

Does anyone know if I can make it a default setting to not play subtitles in the main menu? I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks.

I don't think you are going to find a fix. I have had this issue with the higher model Q9FN and so far found no way to stop it. Exactly what you are experiencing.

If anyone does find a fix to this issue apart from removing the subtitles from the files your playing back via video editing software than I would be interested too.

Foster1984

Prominent Member
MKV files are actually multimedia container formats; so a MKV container can incorporate audio, video, and subtitles into a single file—even if those elements use different types of encoding.

Unfortunately, this means when you ask the player to play the MKV 'file', it plays everything within the container...including the subtitles.

Most TV media players are not feature packed enough to include options for disabling various tracks contained within the container, as is the case with the Samsungs; so the only way around this is to remove the subtitle track from the container altogether using a programme like MKVextract.

If you have a lot of files and are any good at coding, you can set up a simple code to run this automatically to save yourself some time.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom