How do I set up my email address?

al shookup

Standard Member
I have a Nexus 10 tablet and would like to know how to set it up so that I can access my emails. Somehow I must have set it up for Google Gmail which is of no use to me.
thanks

Applenoob

Banned
If you don't use Gmail aren't you able to input it manually?

I know it's not the same but for my ipad I do use gmail of personal emails etc but for my works email address I just inputted it manually as a POP3 account

limegreenzx

Banned
Android has 2 email apps, gmail and email. Use the email app for all non-gmail email accounts. However, my preferred method is to use gmail to import my email from other accounts. This is easy to setup on a PC. There are lots of reasons to use gmail this way and far too many to mention, but here are a few. Easy to archive all email, search engine, push email, spam filter.

al shookup

Standard Member
If you don't use Gmail aren't you able to input it manually?

I know it's not the same but for my ipad I do use gmail of personal emails etc but for my works email address I just inputted it manually as a POP3 account
When I have tried to input it manually I keep getting the message that it is not accepted.

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Check what you're typing very carefully:

Incoming mail server settings:

• Host name: imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Username: your full Yahoo or BT Internet email address
  • Password: your email account password
Outgoing mail server settings:

• Host name: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Username: your full Yahoo or BT Internet email address
  • Password: your email account password

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Are you entering the correct details (username and password) and remembering upper/lowercase letters?

al shookup

Standard Member
The problem I am having is this...
When I open email account setup on my nexus10 I first put in my sky email address ...ok, then the password I use for my Sky account ... ok, then press manual setup and press IMAP. In my username I enter my email address again, then the same password again, then I am stuck as what to enter as 'Imap Server' as nothing seems to be acceptable. Security Type I leave as 'none'. When I press next I get a message that it 'couldn't finish' as couldn't open connection to server. Need help please.

al shookup

Standard Member
Thanks for all your advice. I have managed to sort it by downloading the yahoo mail app and it takes me straight into my email page.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom