1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How DO I set up a DVD Recorder to use the time slip function?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by denv, Nov 27, 2004.

1. denv

denv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic 32" LCD tv, and want to get one of the Panasonic DVD/HHD recorders. How do I set it up so I can use the time slip function (rewind live tv, watch beginning of recorded show while the end is still recording etc)?
    Would I be better of to wait for one with a Digital Tuner Built in?

2. MikeUK

MikeUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Start recording, go to the recorded programs list then play the one youre recording. Dont try to fast forward beyond the actual time like I did the first time :laugh:

3. davers

davers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Panasonics require you to push record first and then you can move back and forth thru the recorded pogram.
    The JVC MH30/20 have a true timeslip that operates from switch on and is a sliding window the length of which can be adjusted. As well as being able to move back and forth within the window if you decide you want to kept what you're watching you can start recording anywhere in the window.

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    No, don't do that, you'll spoil it if you know the ending :D