How do i set this up? ELAC Debut B5.2 speaker with Sony STR-DH590 AV Receiver and a projector

BenkeiDNA

Novice Member
Reaction score
So i have the BenQ HT2050A 1080P Home Theater Projector and i want to set it up with the ELAC Debut B5.2 speaker and add a Sony STR-DH590 AV Receiver for better sound.

What cables do i need from the projector to the receiver and from the speaker to the receiver?.

This will give me alot better sound then a Samsung Soundbar HW-Q900T/XE right?.

You will need HDMI from the receiver to the projector. Speaker cable from the receiver to each of the speakers. 2.5 square mm ofc copper cable is as good as it gets. No need to pay a premium for speaker cable.
To take full advantage of surround sound, you may want to add a centre speaker and a pair of surround speakers. Your receiver also supports an active subwoofer, which will add impact to films in an average sized living room.

You will need HDMI from the receiver to the projector. Speaker cable from the receiver to each of the speakers. 2.5 square mm ofc copper cable is as good as it gets. No need to pay a premium for speaker cable.
To take full advantage of surround sound, you may want to add a centre speaker and a pair of surround speakers. Your receiver also supports an active subwoofer, which will add impact to films in an average sized living room.

Thanks. What kind of cable will i need between the centre speaker and the reciver? regular speaker cable i guess?. I im having a hard time finding the right length of a speaker cable of 2-3 meter with the right banana connector, could you maybe help me out with a link? is there a good set on ebay maybe?. For the ELAC Debut B5.2 speaker and center speaker.

This might work? Chord Company Sarsen or Chord Sarsen Speaker Cable - Per Meter - Un Terminated Loudspeaker Good Quality | eBay

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Yes the same speaker cable goes to the centre.
Most connectors will take bare cable. You do not need banana plugs, but if you want you can cut to measure and fit banana plugs yourself.

Amazon product ASIN B01C79XV5W
Amazon product ASIN B078PN5GR6

Thanks. But the banana plug in your link dont look the same at all compared to the Chord Sarsen Speaker plug. How do i know which one will fit?. There is a picture on the backside of the speaker here: Amazon product ASIN B07B4Q5588

You don't need banana plugs in the first place, unless you plan to disconnect the speakers very often. Bare cable will do the job perfectly. But if you are happy to pay the hefty premium for the Chord cables, the will also do.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom