How do I set Owner’s Name and Author values in Canon EOS 5D II?

edward

I’ve even downloaded the latest version of the EOS Utility but when I go into Camera Settings/Remote shooting, and then click the hammer and spanner, all I can access in the Set-up Menu is the Live View/Movie Func. Set. The other values are greyed out.

What am I doing wrong?

shotokan101

Banned

edward

Please see the attached screen scrape from the EOS utility screen. This is the latest version of the software but most of the setup is greyed out.

Any more ideas?

TIA

Attachments

• EOS Utilities Screenshot 01.jpg
    EOS Utilities Screenshot 01.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 290

RobDickinson

hmm cant remember have to give it a go at home, did do my 5d2 recently remember it wasnt as straight forward as it should have been.

edward

And I though Samsung phones had a few quirks... I could spend hours looking for a crazy thing I need to do to make this happen, but asking here seems like a better way of preserving sanity.

edward

I wonder if there is something I also have to set on the camera at the same time.

Jog any memories, anyone?

shotokan101

Banned

edward

Yup, clicked on the Setup icon (see image above) but the fields I want are greyed out. One of the fields in that panel is accessible, however. This suggests to me that the ultility is working and that there is someting I need to do elsewhere to make the extra fields accessible.

I'm surprised to find myself a pioneer in this area.

Think I might have to try this one again, dicing with my sanity in the process.

edward

Sorted!!
Seems you can't set these values if the Camera is in Auto or Creative Auto modes.
This time, technology, I bloody won!! <doing little jig around office>.

shotokan101

Banned
LOL - what an odd restriction -glad it's sorted :)

edward

With the benefit of hindight, its slightly predictable, even if not sensible.
I just hope any thief who steals my camera is technically dumber than I am. Coupled with an email address in the Owner field now, it improves the chances off it being tracked and returned, since Author and Equipment Owner details are present in the JPGs.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom