Question How do i run my sky box and dreambox of the same sky dish?

Aaron12

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there

I was wondering if anyone could help I recently purchased a dreambox and have successfully installed and had this andy sky box running successfully together for the last 24 hours. Today I switched from my dreambox to my sky box and it said that there was no satellite signal. Both boxes require them to be connected to the sky dish to operate.

Basically I am wondering if it is possible to run both boxes simultaneously? Any help would be much appreciated as I am a complete novice!

Thanks in advance.

How have you had them both running?
A switch for the inputs should fix it.

Yes they have both been running together since yesterday perfectly fine. Just this evening I switched to the sky and it said I was not receiving any signal. I was hoping to be able to run them both off the sky aerial.

Yes, but how?!
It's not an aerial, it's a satellite dish.

How have you got the two boxes connected to the LNB on the dish? Presumably you have two cables from the LNB to the sky box? You either need a switch to switch one or both outputs from the LNB between the two boxes, or you need to run one or two additional cables from the LNB to the second box. If your LNB has not got four outputs, you need to get a quad LNB.
If you haven't done it by one of the above two methods, it will not work properly. You cannot control an LNB from two boxes at the same time.

Yes - run a third cable from the satellite dish to your Dreambox.

Yes, do that - the Sky box will have kept running for so long until it noticed a problem including accessing a certain frequency depending how you had it wired & possibly what band you left the DM on & then reported no signal - the sky box might also need a reboot once both cables are connected correctly again, it's in part to stop people using sky boxes on other satellites plus I'd say software requirements for smooth running plus band switching

if you try to share a single coax feed to a dish (an LNB on a dish), two or more satellite receivers can receive channels but only up to c. a 1/4 of the channels available as there are 4 bands & it depends how it's shared as to whether things will get mixed up doing that - many proper satellite receivers have a loop through that should take care of the switching of band / pols allowing the 1st in the line full control & the other boxes to act as slave receivers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom