How do I run Denon setup via my laptop screen?

Atomicus

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can run the setup for my Denon 3500 through my laptop screen? I have an HDMI cable which I have tried connecting to every HDMI port on the AVR, and it seems to be recognised, but the best I get is the screen going black for a second, then I just see my desktop. Audio works, but how do I select the video so I can see the actual setup menu? I can't believe it's this difficult, so what am I missing?

The HDMI port on a laptop is an output, therefore your laptop won't work as a display for your AVR if this is what you're trying?

You should be able to adjust the AVR settings via a Web browser if it's connected to your network. You'd need to know its IP address which can be found in its network settings or via your routers list of connected devices.

The HDMI port on a laptop is an output, therefore your laptop won't work as a display for your AVR if this is what you're trying?

You should be able to adjust the AVR settings via a Web browser if it's connected to your network. You'd need to know its IP address which can be found in its network settings or via your routers list of connected devices.

OK, that makes sense... I probably should have realised this ha! OK, I will give that a go. Thanks.

Older Denon and Marantz AVRs did have a web UI so you could access the settings through a browser on your PC.

However I don't think the later models still have this functionality. Certainly for Marantz models my 7010 has a web GUI but I've been told the 7011 doesn't. IIRC that corresponds to the 3300 to 3400 generation upgrade approximately.

It won't be an issue once I get my projector up, but still waiting on some electrics work to be done etc. so can't do that yet, and eager to get going with it all. Web UI would be obvious feature to include... shame if they removed that.

TBH the web interface on my 7010 is very old fashioned and not really a match to the rest of the device. I also have a really old Denon 3808 and the web GUI has barely changed.

You search your receiver ip address and you type it into a web browser. Then you can access all the menus from you Denon. I worked with 1600 and 3700 for me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom