How do i rip mp2 audio from Humax .ts file ?

start!

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've recorded a radio show onto my Humax foxsat and then transferred it onto my computer.

How do i rip the audio from the .ts file so i can use in with different software applications etc.

i would like the rip to be lossless to avoid any quality loss.

thanks

You need to convert it to a .wav file. Videolan's free mediaplayer software (vlcplayer) will convert hdr .ts files to .wav using the media convert/save options. Use 44.1Khz sampling if you want to burn the .wav files to a CD

I've recorded a radio show onto my Humax foxsat and then transferred it onto my computer.

How do i rip the audio from the .ts file so i can use in with different software applications etc.

i would like the rip to be lossless to avoid any quality loss.

thanks

Use ProjectX (or any other demuxing program) to separate (demux) the audio stream from the .ts (m2ts) file, then use any conversion program to convert the audio to whatever format you wish...

You need to convert it to a .wav file. Videolan's free mediaplayer software (vlcplayer) will convert hdr .ts files to .wav using the media convert/save options. Use 44.1Khz sampling if you want to burn the .wav files to a CD

thanks for that and i'll give it a try but won't this bloat/increase the file size rather than rip it to mp2 format ?

Use ProjectX (or any other demuxing program) to separate (demux) the audio stream from the .ts (m2ts) file, then use any conversion program to convert the audio to whatever format you wish...

brilliant thanks.
i've looked at using projectx before but never understood how to install it, the link you provided was easy to install.

:thumbsup:

thanks for that and i'll give it a try but won't this bloat/increase the file size rather than rip it to mp2 format ?

You originally said you wanted to retain the original quality. MP2 is heavily compressed and if you want to record to CD's you need wav files anyway. If you simply want to replay the original sound mpeg1 layer 2 (from a sd recording) and have a player that works that's fine, compressing to mp3 though will lose quality. vlc offers lots of different audio formats you don't have to choose wav files. As son-t says you can extract the original sound using a de-muxing programme to split the .ts into it's elemental streams and play with them seperately.

Last edited:
You originally said you wanted to retain the original quality. MP2 is heavily compressed and if you want to record to CD's you need wav files anyway. If you simply want to replay the original sound mpeg1 layer 2 (from a sd recording) and have a player that works that's fine, compressing to mp3 though will lose quality.

its a radio show that is approx 30 minutes long and the .ts file i copied off my humax is only 38.5mb so i assume that converting it to wav would just bloat an already compressed file to roughly 260mb.

it was recorded from radio 6 and as far as i know the original is mp2. I used projectx to demux the .ts and i now have a mp2 file which is 34mb

please explain if i'm wrong because i'm still learning. I don't know what format radio is broadcast but i guessed it was mp2 judging by the original .ts file size

its a radio show that is approx 30 minutes long and the .ts file i copied off my humax is only 38.5mb so i assume that converting it to wav would just bloat an already compressed file to roughly 260mb.

it was recorded from radio 6 and as far as i know the original is mp2. I used projectx to demux the .ts and i now have a mp2 file which is 34mb

please explain if i'm wrong because i'm still learning. I don't know what format radio is broadcast but i guessed it was mp2 judging by the original .ts file size

It's normally mpeg1 layer 2 stereo and it's file size will depend on the bitrate used to transmit it.

UK satellite radio station bit rates

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom