Question How do I remove tweeter from monitor audio BX2S?

Checky93

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking to replace a broken tweeter on my MA bronze BX2s.

I've removed the wires, but can't seem to work out how to remove the tweeter.

Does anyone who owns a pair knows how to remove the part?

Thanks

Joel

Not familiar with this model, but from pictures, I wonder, is that a plastic ring around the tweeter?
I believe it is, carefully pry it off and hopefully the screws should be underneath.

I would suggest you look on the back for a Bolt. Seems like that is something that Monitor Audio does.

I think rather than screw the tweeter down to the front of the cabinet, Monitor Audio has a bolt from the back the screws into the tweeter from the back of the cabinet, and when the bolt is drawn tight, it holds the Tweeter in place.

I'm searching Google-Images, but I can't find a photo of the back of the cabinet. So, I can't confirm.

In some cases, the drivers are screwed on from the front, but the screws are covered with a decorative ring.

The photos I can find seem to imply that the Woofer is bolted in from the back, so perhaps, and this is speculation, you have to remove the Woofer, then inside will be a internal screw or bolt that holds the Tweeter in.

Sorry, that's about the best I can offer.

Steve/bluewizard

Thanks Bw,

Photo of inside speaker below.

I think you're right about popping off the tweeter grill, can't see how I can do this without damaging the finish...

Attachments

• DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    860.3 KB · Views: 1,002
I think the first thing to do is establish exactly what is the Grill. Is it just that perforated metal part, or is the Ring attached to the perforated metal and the whole assembly needs to be removed by removing the Ring?

It would be nice if someone would come along who has had direct experience. If I was there, perhaps I could figure it out. But given that the screws are under the Metal Mesh, like the metal mess/ring have to come off.

Steve/bluewizard

The grille is likely held in place magnetically, at least it was on my old RS6s. You just need something small enough to fit in the holes of the grille & pull it off. A couple of jewellers screwdrivers or darning needles for example. I say a couple to avoid distorting the grille by pulling on one side.

Edit
This pic from an Ebay listing for a TBX025 would seem to confirm.

upload_2017-7-2_14-1-42.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi

I'm looking to replace a broken tweeter on my MA bronze BX2s.

I've removed the wires, but can't seem to work out how to remove the tweeter.

Does anyone who owns a pair knows how to remove the part?

Thanks

Joel

Hi Joel,

A few years of owning this wonderful pair of speakers and now I find myself in the same situation. I think one of my tweeters have most certainly failed.

Where did you get the replacement tweeter from?

Did you manage to resolve the install for the new tweeter?

Thanks
J

Hi,

I just removed my tweeter from a BX2, the grill is held in fairly well over the tweeter but I was able to push a hooked piece of metal through the grill around the edges and slowly prise it off by moving around the grill and pulling it away from the speaker, once its off 4 screws are revealed and removing these with small allen key will allow the tweeter to fall out with a bit of encouragement.

Hi,

I just removed my tweeter from a BX2, the grill is held in fairly well over the tweeter but I was able to push a hooked piece of metal through the grill around the edges and slowly prise it off by moving around the grill and pulling it away from the speaker, once its off 4 screws are revealed and removing these with small allen key will allow the tweeter to fall out with a bit of encouragement.

Hi mate,

Thanks for that and I did the exactly the same thing ad managed to get it out with no bother. I am now awaiting a delivery from MA for the new tweeter.

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom