How do I remove input lag on old Philips Ambilight?

JennyJames

Hello.

I have just bought a second hand 37PFL7603D simply to tide me over until I buy a new tv.

The problem I have is that there is input lag when I am on the Nintendo Switch. Is there an AV sync setting I am missing somewhere please?

I've turned Ambilight off and even updated to the latest software.

There is no "game mode" that I can see in the "picture" settings, only normal, vivid and dynamic.

Any help please?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Darbo

If there's no game mode your best bet would be to choose a mode you don't use for watching tv and calibrate it so all of the processing options are turned off, so that will include things like digital noise reduction, perfect natural reality, things like that, basically all the stuff you don't really need but introduces lag.
And turn ambilight back on, it doesn't affect lag and looks great when gaming.

JennyJames

If there's no game mode your best bet would be to choose a mode you don't use for watching tv and calibrate it so all of the processing options are turned off, so that will include things like digital noise reduction, perfect natural reality, things like that, basically all the stuff you don't really need but introduces lag.
And turn ambilight back on, it doesn't affect lag and looks great when gaming.
I have tried this. I swear it made no difference. I even unplugged the tv for 10 minutes.

There is something called "assign connections". I assumed it was just a label but I assigned all connections as "game" and then as "pc" but there is still lag.

I did notice that when I assigned it as "pc" it looked interlaced so maybe it's not just a label.

I'm so frustrated. I was supposed to be saving money lol

Darbo

I have tried this. I swear it made no difference. I even unplugged the tv for 10 minutes.

There is something called "assign connections". I assumed it was just a label but I assigned all connections as "game" and then as "pc" but there is still lag.

I did notice that when I assigned it as "pc" it looked interlaced so maybe it's not just a label.

I'm so frustrated. I was supposed to be saving money lol
I've had a look at the tv and it's got pixel plus hd, if you're using that turn it off, i had a pixel plus tv once and it introduced a ridiculous amount of lag.
Other than that it might just be normal for that tv, I've not got a Switch but if you can choose output resolution set it to 1080p, that might help because it takes the upscaling responsibility from the tv, but i wouldn't expect miracles.

JennyJames

I've had a look at the tv and it's got pixel plus hd, if you're using that turn it off, i had a pixel plus tv once and it introduced a ridiculous amount of lag.
Other than that it might just be normal for that tv, I've not got a Switch but if you can choose output resolution set it to 1080p, that might help because it takes the upscaling responsibility from the tv, but i wouldn't expect miracles.
I've turned that off.

I've turned all these off:

DSC_0536_noexif.JPG

I've even set the switch output to 720p and 1080p. Same thing. It's so frustrating. You're right, it probably is just normal for this tv. Games are unplayable.

:(

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom