Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

How do I read Sony error codes? (KD32DX200)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by IanK, Aug 24, 2005.

1. IanK

IanK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sony KD32DX200 is begining to go faulty. When first powered up after 8 hours or so off, it displays a broken picture for a few minutes. Sometimes it switches itself off and the power light flashes 4 slow red flashes. What does this mean?

After a few mins of being powered up the set operates fine. Is there any fault memory I can interogate once it's behaving ok?

Thanks,

Ian

2. TV Headache

TV Headache
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know the answers to your question but have you tried contacting Sony about this? I would have thought that whatever the problem turns out to be it's going to take a service engineer to fix it, if it's giving you a flashing error code.

3. ventoboy1000

ventoboy1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi IanK,
    The TV will have logged the error in service mode(Under Errors/Faults) but as TV Headache has said, a service enginner will most likely be needed to fix the problem.
    I too have this same TV and I think its a superb set. Hopefully yours can be fixed as Sony don't make this model anymore.
    Is your TV still under warranty ?
    Vento

4. IanK

IanK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Vento,

Thanks for the reply & the reply to my other post on how to access the service menu to read the error log! The set is just over 13 months old and was a replacement for a KD32DX100 that had scrolling bars problems on the AV inputs. This set was checked by Sony Technical before sending out! I can't believe it's gone faulty too!

I've contacted Sony, but no reply as yet.

Cheers,

Ian