• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How do I 'raise' my speakers by 1 or 2 inches

MJeeves

Prominent Member
I have PROAC Response D2 loudspeakers and I am very happy with them so I do NOT want to change them at all.

I have them on the recommended Target R2 stands which I am also very happy with and don't want to change them either.

But... I got some new furniture and the seats are "higher" than the old furniture. Because of this... my ear is now a couple of inches higher than the tweeter (Proac, like most speaker makers recommend having the tweeters at ear height).

What would be the best way of 'raising' the Proac speakers by an inch or 2 but WITHOUT compromising their sound quality and their fixing to the Target R2 stands?

Any ideas? :confused:

P.S. I have the system up stairs so a bit concerned about using heavy slabs or concrete and marble under the stands! :(

Anyone? :lease:

ARNOLD AKIEN

Prominent Member
I have PROAC Response D2 loudspeakers and I am very happy with them so I do NOT want to change them at all.

I have them on the recommended Target R2 stands which I am also very happy with and don't want to change them either.

But... I got some new furniture and the seats are "higher" than the old furniture. Because of this... my ear is now a couple of inches higher than the tweeter (Proac, like most speaker makers recommend having the tweeters at ear height).

What would be the best way of 'raising' the Proac speakers by an inch or 2 but WITHOUT compromising their sound quality and their fixing to the Target R2 stands?

Any ideas? :confused:

P.S. I have the system up stairs so a bit concerned about using heavy slabs or concrete and marble under the stands! :(

Anyone? :lease:

Do you have any large BOOKS ? It depends on the footprint of the speaker stands but a couple of volumes of an Encyclopedia might do the job ... or several copies of yellow pages ?

Arnold.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Can you give us a link to a photo of the stands?

The first thought is - Wood. You can use cut lumber, but you might be able to find some small ready-made shelfs that will do the job.

Next - Stone. Depending on the size, you could get a stack of marble or granite floor tile, or food chopping boards (these are frequently used on an under speaker stands). Us as many as it takes to get the height you want.

Stone and wood - Fasten tile to wood, and use it between the speaker and stand, or between the stand and floor. The stone might dress things up a bit.

I think this is one of those problems that is only limited by your imagination.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom