How do i playback mix cds which are split into tracks

dx052

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is there a program that can join my mix cds togther when I rip them to my hard drive. They get ripped as individual tracks but I want it as one (if that makes sense)I would use itunes and join the tracks to plays as one but I don't like itunes and its dosent support flac as standard.

So you want to join them consecutively, so that a CD with 10 tracks of 6 mins each, becomes one continuous track of 60mins?

Is there a program that can join my mix cds togther when I rip them to my hard drive.

There is an ideal strategy, which is to switch a player that implements gapless playback and gives you the "single mixed track" experience from individual songs like it was on CD (just remember to turn off crossfade). iTunes/apple players are obvious candidates, but if you don't like iTunes, downloading and trying something else (Foobar? Winamp? Windows Media?) shouldn't cost much more than a little time. And if you've got a lossless rip, converting between formats (eg. FLAC to apple lossless, or down-converting to MP3) is trivial. Of course, if you're stuck with a portable player that adds gaps everywhere, creating a "single mix" version starts to look like your best option, so editing software like Audacity is going to be required. That, or investigate something like EAC/CDeX that lets you rip as one track by specifying track start/end.

You can use Audacity to join tracks, it's how I join seperate movements of 'classical' sonatas and concertos together. But, Audacity only really natively works with .wav files and doesn't (yet) have any ripping or burning facilities, so would have to be used an an intermediate step in the process.

Of course there may well be a CD ripper that will join a whole CD (or specified tracks) together whilst ripping. Maybe a quick Google will provide the answer...

KJ Palmer said:
You can use Audacity to join tracks, it's how I join seperate movements of 'classical' sonatas and concertos together. But, Audacity only really natively works with .wav files and doesn't (yet) have any ripping or burning facilities, so would have to be used an an intermediate step in the process.

Of course there may well be a CD ripper that will join a whole CD (or specified tracks) together whilst ripping. Maybe a quick Google will provide the answer...

iTunes used to have a "join tracks" option. But a. iTunes isn't a very good ripper, and b. joining tracks was a hack for lazy lack of gapless, which iTunes now offers...

Recreating the CD on-the-fly with a gapless player really is the ideal solution to this problem.

I used to ponder this, I have been longing for cue sheet support which would allow you to use a single track e.g. dj mix set and gaplessly split into tracks that can also be navigable...

Is there a program that can join my mix cds togther when I rip them to my hard drive. They get ripped as individual tracks but I want it as one (if that makes sense)I would use itunes and join the tracks to plays as one but I don't like itunes and its dosent support flac as standard.

Foobar2000 can do this in any format (mp3, FLAC etc.). I convert some mix CDs into one track as my Sony Walkman doesn't support gapless.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom