1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I output to 2 component devices on my amp?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by simon1967, Jun 4, 2003.

1. simon1967

simon1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have recently acquired a Denon A1SR and want to output to both a plasma and a projector. They both have component in but the amp can only output to one component device. The A1 allows me to run s-video and composite to two separate devices but only to one component so what are my options?

1. Someone has suggested running high quality car audio splitters on the component out so that I can run to 2 devices _ I think the name "monster' was mentioned?

2. Some sort of automatic switching device? Makes, costs etc?

3. Just leave the plasma as s-video only and run the sole component to the projector?

4. How much of a difference will it make if I run a component direct i.e. from the DVD to the projector as opposed to doing the switching through the amp? Any A1 owners use the video switching facility on their amp?

Thanks for your help

simon

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    From what I've read on these forums, running direct from DVD player to plasma/projector would, if anything, give slightly better picture quality than video switching via amp. However, if you go from DVD player to plasma, say, via component, you will have to use a different output from your DVD player to feed your amp -> projector.

I use a Pronto remote control to do my audio switching at the same time as changing the video source. I don't fancy introducing an amp as a video-switcher, it may lead to a loss in picture quality.