how do I output full 1080p to my LCD tv in win7?

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by badsantakq, Jan 2, 2012.

1. badsantakq

badsantakq
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

I just bought a 46" Samsung LCD series 6 tv and it's great. Only problem is when I hook up my windows 7 laptop via HDMI to the tv, the tv output seems pretty shabby.

It's a full 1080p tv with 120 hz refresh rate and would love to take advantage of this. In windows, my resolution settings is currently 1366x768 and it seems it's the Maximum allowable setting. I have tried to adjust windows resolution and display settings, but this 1366x768 is the highest one I can currently achieve. I'm stumped, i'm sure my Acer 5252-v440 running a Radeon HD4250 can output high resolutions, and i KNOW my tv is good, so what can I do?

When i turn on my tv set to HDMI source mode, it seems to list it as running as full 1920x1080... but I assure you, it's not!

Please help!

Oh, and I'm not a technical person... plain step by step English please! [​IMG]

Thanks guys,

2. SteveU30

SteveU30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Try downloading the latest driver for your video card direct from ATIs website, this may unlock more options for resolution.