• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How do i make email address and use them in outlook

jezzerr

Im now with sky one thing im finding hard is making a email address for my daughter and the wife i also want to have it so it can be used in outlook express not using the my sky email.

Hedgehog1979

Hi

To create additional users login to your sky.com account with your primary user name and once you are logged in click on the my sky tab. Then select profile & settings and select additional users. From here click on create additional users and then enter the relevant information.

Then use following link to enable POP or IMAP on the relevant sky emails and also for instruction on how to set up your email client or program.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/broadband/email-and-tools/pop-imap/

jezzerr

Hi well something is not right im trying to put my email address in that came with my sky account but its just not having it in outlook.

jezzerr

Things are slowly getting right but im now getting this message:

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. Do you want to continue using this server?

Last edited:

jezzerr

Can you actually make different email address? When i was with freedom2surf i could make loads of email address that ended in f2s but i cant seem to find out if i can for example make a email address as [email protected]

Hedgehog1979

The steps to create additional users in my first post will allow you to do this. For example if you create an additional user and make their user name nerd then that creates the email [email protected].

Did you get your outlook issue fixed?

Last edited:

jezzerr

Cheers will get that done easy as that.

Well the outlook problem with the message still comes up but if i press ok to run it then i get my emails.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
In Outlook account settings make sure that SPA is unchecked.

Also don't forget to regularly go into your E-Mail via Sky.com and empty all your folders, (Sent, Spam and Bin)

jezzerr

Cheers i will remember to clear/empty those folders.

Yep the SPA is unchecked has no one had the message come up before?

Hedgehog1979

I know in the security tab you can enter a security certificate but it is something I have no experience of so I am unsure how you would progress with this. I did look this error up but it seems like there are different fixes ranging from purchasing a certificate to creating a certificate but once again these are something i have no experience in.

Hedgehog1979

Anytime, I also read someone who said they used a restore point on their pc after the message appeared but I was not convinced by this.

jezzerr

Fixed it and it was all my fault

I had my freedom2surf email still set up still in outlook but what i had done was to make the sky one the default email,So by deleting that old email i now dont get the message.

jezzerr

Yep happy now,And now i can make other email address for the rest of the family.

Still dont know why having my old email messed things up,Maybe it was checking that aswell.

Hedgehog1979

I wondered the same thing, i know some people will use multiple email accounts from different sources in outlook but never heard of it causing that issue. Must have been some reason for it though.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom