How Do I Know If My Hard Drive is Bust??

glendobbs

Standard Member
Hey guys, i recently bought a samsung hd box off ebay. Whenever i turn the box on, it turns itself off after about 20 minutes or so. Then, when i try and turn it back on, it simply won't. Even after trying forced upgrades and full system resets it still doesn't turn back on.

Also, when it is turned on whenver i try and record something it displays a 'please wait....' message which won't dissapear even after waiting for 10 minutes+, so i can't record anything.

I emailed the seller and they said they were happy to either send a replacement hard drive out or i can send the box back and they will replace it.

What i'm asking is, is there a test or something that i can do on the hard drive that will tell me whether it is 100% the drive that is causing the problem as i'm not to keen on the hassle of sending the box back.

It would be great if there was anyone who had similar problems and replaced the drive and now everything is fine.

Many thanks.

t1m103

i know when the hard drive failed in my thomson box,all i could get was a blue screen.i would personaly go for an exchange box.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom