• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

how do i know i have an 1.5TB box?

finest1

Established Member
hi all,

i had an old thomson box since 2007 and took advantage of their free upgrade. whilst on the phone the operator said i could get an 1.5tb for £49, so i took the offer! the sky engineers came today and replaced the box. when i went to look at the box, and clean behind the shelf, (might as well) i noticed it says "1tb" at the bottom left of the box. the box is an amstrad DRX 895-c box. so how can i tell if the box is a 1.5TB?

thanks

finest1

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
The confusion arises because although the DRX895 has a 1.5 TB HDD, only 1TB is available for your own personal recordings with the other 500GB reserved for Anytime. Some people refer to it as a 1TB box (as Sky themselves usually do) and others refer to it by its total HDD size as a 1.5TB although they are both one and the same box.

Flyhalf85

Established Member
The box is 1.5tb of which 1tb is for your personal use while the other 500gb is reserved for the Anytime services. There are only two receivers now one being 1.5tb and the other being the 500gb receiver.

logiciel

Those details have been posted many times.
AVF Additional Rule 3:
"This one is important! If you have a question you wish to ask in the forums, please first check whether your question has already been answered. You can use the Search facility to do this."

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom