• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

how do i get the perfect picture?

jacko4444

Standard Member
hello everyone. ive just bought a new lcd lg 42lf75. ive spent hours trying to get the perfect picture. does anyone have this model, if you do and have the perfect picture, could you tell me what numbers you have the colour, brightness etc. at.
if no one has got this tv do you know the best way to get the perfect picture. i see on the tv ages ago in what order to tune first and what to set the blacks to and stuff, but ive got a memory like a gold fish and cant remember. please help im losing patients with it.
thank you

c00t999

Standard Member
hello everyone. ive just bought a new lcd lg 42lf75. ive spent hours trying to get the perfect picture. does anyone have this model, if you do and have the perfect picture, could you tell me what numbers you have the colour, brightness etc. at.
if no one has got this tv do you know the best way to get the perfect picture. i see on the tv ages ago in what order to tune first and what to set the blacks to and stuff, but ive got a memory like a gold fish and cant remember. please help im losing patients with it.
thank you

Hi Jacko,

I have this TV as had issues with my Standard Sky box picture..

I found that setting my 'Picture Mode' to 'Mild' Ironed out much of the grainy bits of my screen but also lost alot of colour..

In the end i used the 'User 1' setting with the below numbers..

Picture Mode

Contrast : 40
Brightness: 50
Colour: 50
Sharpness: 30
Tint: 1 (this doesnt seem to do much on any setting :confused:

Colour Temperature

Warm

XD (Manual)

XD Contrast: On
XD Colour: On
XD NR: Adaptive
MPEG NR: 0

Advanced

Cinema: On

Remember without Sky HD or any other HD source your never going to get a quality picture. Its like putting diesel in a Porche :(...

Please bear in mind that these settings are my own preference for Standard Sky, i selected these settings myself.

If anyone has any others please post :D.

Cheers,

c00t999

Silver Serpent

Prominent Member
thank you

If you want your TV set up perfectly, then you require ISF Calibration.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=311

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom