How do I get the £49 offer for sky+/multiroom?

simon1967

Established Member
Reaction score
I phoned sky a couple of weeks ago asking about sky+ and multiroom and they said to phone back and ask for the £49 offer (a sky+ box and multiroom installed). Which I did yesterday and have since found that the price has gone up to £99.

Not a big deal but anyone got any tips on how to get them to give me a better deal - I tried a couple of times yesterday but perhaps with Christmas coming up, they don't need to have a promotion on?

If it's a hopeless cause, I'll just get it ordered.

Cheers all

simon

I phoned sky a couple of weeks ago asking about sky+ and multiroom and they said to phone back and ask for the £49 offer (a sky+ box and multiroom installed). Which I did yesterday and have since found that the price has gone up to £99.

Not a big deal but anyone got any tips on how to get them to give me a better deal - I tried a couple of times yesterday but perhaps with Christmas coming up, they don't need to have a promotion on?

If it's a hopeless cause, I'll just get it ordered.

Cheers all

simon

Just say you friend got a "closure offer" at £49 :smashin:

I had a new Thompson Sky+ box installed yesterday for £49.00. I phoned Sky last Saturday saying I wanted to cancel as I work away from home 3-4 days a week and miss a lot of programmes, as I can rarely be bothered to set the Sky box and the HDD recorder separately. After being passed around a few times I was offered the £49.00 deal. You have to stand your ground, as I believe you will only get this offer if Sky genuinely believes you intend to cancel.

If you get no joy with the sales staff ask for the supervisor.

Also when asking about it, tell them you are also considering freeview with a PVR, they will certainly drop the price to keep the business.

I had little problem getting the £49 offer, as already stated, stand your ground.

So am I right in thinking then that you got the box for £49, with free installation and no additional monthly charges?

Jay,

I got free installation and no increase in the monthly fee. Mind you I am on the £43.50 all channels package.It is also worth asking for a new not refurb box.

I think the key is to say you are phoning to cancel and to give Sky 30 days notice. This should ensure you get put through to the retention department who can do a deal to keep you.

Mark

Jay,

I got free installation and no increase in the monthly fee. Mind you I am on the £43.50 all channels package.It is also worth asking for a new not refurb box.

I think the key is to say you are phoning to cancel and to give Sky 30 days notice. This should ensure you get put through to the retention department who can do a deal to keep you.

Mark

Cheers.

I guess I'll try them again as I tried this last Sunday and went further to mention that I will consider swapping to NTL as the do my Broadband and house phone.

As for the package, I've had Sky for about 5 years now and I've always had the full package, hence why I don't see why we as current customers should have to pay extra to get their new services, when new customers are getting the better deals.

I rang up the cancellations department of Sky yesterday stating that I felt i wasn't getting value for money. First of all the very pleasant woman, Lorna tryed to see if I would remove any of the channels i didn't watch, I said I was happy with my channel package. I asked if there was anything else she could do and she came back and offered me sky + and multi room for a grand total of £50.

If you keep your cool and hold your ground they will will finally break. I knew it was cheaper for them to offer me a discount rahter than lose my custom.

Getting it installed on Wednesay.

Thanks Sky.

Similar story. Held my ground eventually got the £49 sky+ deal, as an existing customer. No multi room, but I did have to increase my 6 entertainment mix to include movies or pay the £10 fee.

Spoke to front line cs, who offered nothing. I stood my ground saying I was basically looking for a deal as per new customers. I felt the package price for existing was a a rip off. He stood his ground.

Then spoke to supervisor who offered £30 off the install, so still £99 + £30.
Asked to cancel, which he tried to bluff by saying I wouldn't get a better deal.

Once in the retention department he offered £99 with no instal. Stood my ground to cancel as I couldn't believe they couldn't reward existing long term customers, as per a new referred customer He finnaly came down to £49 with a new box (no refurb box), with no instal. I did have to increase my package to include movies or sport.

Word of advice dont get caught up in the arguement, when they offer the final deal take it and calm down in the retention department. As they wont move if your being agressive.

Thanks for everyones advice in the thread.

Sky would not budge from £49 for me when I called them last week.

I walked past Curry's in Croydon yesterday to find that they were doing a 'buy anything get Sky+ free' offer. Went in, sweet talked the sales guy and didn't even have to buy anything! Sky+ now being installed on Thursday.

Went for the multiroom offer to avoid the £60 install fee and will call Sky tomorrow to upgrade my package to avoid the £10 Sky+ subscription.

Both my brothers signed up for Sky+ recently.
One got for 3 x sky+ stbs (multiroom) @ 49.00 ea and free installation.
The other got 1 x stb free and free installation.

And in each case I my 50.00 M&S vouchers :)

I think you could negotiate any kind of deal out of them at the moment.

I currently have just Sky Plus, But would like another Sky plus and multiroom in my bedroom. Do you think I can blag a 49 quid deal with them for this?

I upgraded to Sky+ on Sunday, best deal I could get was £49 for the box with £60 install as I did not want multi-room. Have had the full package for 6 years.

Just used this 'cancellation' trick and got SKY+ on my £21 a month package for £49 with free installation!! Thanks guys - been scouring the net all morning for deals and as usual the AV forum does it again :thumbsup:

Mmmm, we got the £99 deal and free install - they are coming tomorrow :)

ps will they hook up the RF2 automatically since its part of the old setup that they are replacing?

They came and went - no Sky +:(

No one told me that it required an extra cable for recording and my cables are plastered into the wall so no go (I'm not replastering) :mad:

Also, they never asked about access to the dish and the guy never had a long enough ladder :thumbsdow

The installer did say he spends alot of time on service call outs for Sky + and said he would not have one himself because they are unrealiable, although he did say he would have HD.

We are now waiting for multi room.........

Thanks for the info guys - I phoned sky at dinnertime and told them i was cancelling, they instantly offered me Sky+ for £49 with free installation and no monthly fee. Well chuffed, If anything it was to easy, I was looking forward to a bit of haggling ;)

Anyway it's being installed on saturday morning, can't wait. :)

Cheers

Drew

Ok dumb question, whats the number to call to cancel, I can't find the thing anywhere? I'd rather ring straight through than be passed around.

What deal do you think i could get, I'm moving next week, but it seems if i cancel (subscription is in my name) and my partner takes out another different subscription at the new address we get a better deal? any idea what we may try to get a better deal, were only currently on the £21 package.

Cheers

JOHNNY

Thanks for the info guys - I phoned sky at dinnertime and told them i was cancelling, they instantly offered me Sky+ for £49 with free installation and no monthly fee. Well chuffed, If anything it was to easy, I was looking forward to a bit of haggling ;)

Cheers

Drew

Drewster... Are you paying for the full package?

I only pay £15 a month and would like to know if it is possible to get Sky+ for £49 and not have to pay the £10 subscribtion for not being on the full package.

Thanks

I've got a standard installation booked for tomorrow. Do you think they'd offer me the Sky + for £49 if I ring them up to say Im thinking about cancelling in favour of freeview??? :devil:

Well i'll answer my own question here.

The answer is yes :thumbsup:

Called them up to advise them I was thinking of cancelling my installation/subscription and was thinking about freeview/Telewest. After mentioning Teleport Replay on Telewest he instantly offered me a FREE Sky + box with free installation and no additional charges on top of my subscription.

Result!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Cheers

Drew

Same question to you Drew - what package are you on.
Just seeing if I blag no monthly payment with my £21pm package..

im a new subscriber phoned 2 weeks ago was told i could have 1b box at 49. phoned 2day to order and was told no.i want 2 sky plus boxes,normal sky box, so il be paying 20 extra a month for both multirooms and i want all channels and broadband. but he was adament i couldnt have 1 sky + box for 49..any 1 got any suggestions on what i should do??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom