How do I get rid of the Sky+ buzz ?

PD_BARBS

Hello Folks,

I got sky+ installed around a month ago and the buzz, hum, squeal or whatever you want to call it is driving me mad.

The box I have is a Thompson, but I see from this forum that it is not unique to this type of box, or a problem with every Thomson.

The sky engeer came out to look at it today and basically said tough you will have to get used to it, that all Sky+ boxes are like this. To be fair although the service is good, this has certainly not enhanced my viewing experience.

So should I ditch my sky+ and cancel it, or has anyone been successful in sorting this issue out.

:lease:

jay61076

Is it the hard disk or fans as it may not be able to stop all noise from the box get Sky back out and try maybe a pace or amstrad box if they are the same then nothing more you could do but worth a try

A

alternate

mine has a vibration buzz problem. If you press gently on the front of the case the vibration stops. Solved it by sticking a couple of DVDs on the top.

PD_BARBS

I assume that this annoying buzz is not common to all Thomson boxes and that the sky engineer was full of it.

I'll give it a try, otherwise I'll just get rid of it.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom