how do I get remotes to work wirelessly from multi rooms

brianjg

Standard Member
Hi All,

I'm currently setting up my system and have it nearly complete except I can't figure out how to get the remotes to work. my setup is as follows.

ATTIC - HTPC with DVB-S (freesat) and a SKY HD box,

from there 1 cat5 and 1 coax cable goes to,

SITTING ROOM - Philips Plasma & XBOX 360.

PLAY ROOM - Smamsung LCD & XBOX 360.

I'm using the cat5 cable with a scart balum (link here) to connect the HD box to each of the TVs and the XBOX connects to the Media Centre for movies, etc over powerline adapters.

But I'm lost as to how to get the remotes (sky & the HTPC) to work. Can anyone help me? I'm tried searching for wireless IR systems but all seem to be videos senders too which makes then expensive just for IR.

PS its a pain in the arse to run new cabling as the rooms were just decorated....:oops:

davepuma

Distinguished Member
If you don't want to run new cables, your only option I can think of is to use a remote with RF capability e.g. Logitech Harmony 895/900/1000 and 1100 or a wireless IR extender like THIS

If you can run the cables, Keene sell IR extender kits, IR faceplates etc. I use it in my bedroom/bathroom setup to control equipment in a wardrobe.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom