1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get my TX32PL10 to default to AV1 when I switch it on?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Mike B, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Mike B

Mike B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got it a couple of weeks ago (and while I've lurked here for quite a while I sadly didn't check up people's opinions here on the set but so far so good).

I've got a SKY digibox and no aerial connection. Therefore I just want the TV to go straight to AV1 when I push the button on the front of the TV because I don't want the Panny remote littering up my living room. I don't usually leave the TV on standby (well me wife doesn't like me doing it!). Previously I had a 7 year old Hitachi set that always defaulted to SKY when I switched it on.

I hope this is a simple question, any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

2. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I don't think the Panny can do this?

I fire mine up with the main button, then always turn $ky digibox on after, which obviously automatically switches to AV1 (RGB).
    If I leave digibox on and switch Panny off, when Panny is switched on again it defaults back to terrestial, so I have to switch digibox off then on again for auto switching. (or power up my DVD player).

I believe this is so multiple connected items can override each other (which they do),. ie the last thing you power up will always override what ever else you have connected to the other 2 scart sockets.

3. Mike B

Mike B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks John, bit of a pain to get into the new habit although my wife hadn't detected before that, although we switch the TV off every night we still leave all of the other equipment switched on!

4. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Glad to be of some help..:D

Out of interest, I hope you have your digibox set to output widescreen and RGB? The picture is MUCH better that composite!

The telly scart No.1 is the only RGB enabled socket (which is a pain). The other 2 only accept composite and S video signals.

Apologies if you are already setup correctly,

regards